Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Morgan County permits reasonable use of residential property for garage sales. The ordinance of Morgan County establishes the limits for such sales. According to ordinances 18-205, 18-206 and 18-207 garage sales may be conducted provided all of the following conditions are met:
- Two signs of not more than four square feet each may be displayed on the property of the residence where the garage sale is to be conducted.
- Two signs of not more than two square feet each for the purpose of giving direction to the residence where the garage sale is to be or is being conducted.
- Personal property offered for sale at a garage sale may be displayed within the residence in a carport, in a garage, in the front side or rear yard, or in the driveway.
- All garage sales shall be operated or conducted during during the daylight hours, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. No person or group of persons shall hold more than four (4) garage sales during any calendar year. Each yard sale shall be limited to a three (3) day period.
- No garage sale shall be held or conducted in the county unless it is conducted at the residence of the person holding such garage sale and a permit for such sale is obtained from Morgan County 72 hours prior to the beginning of the garage sale.
- Signs advertising garage sales are not to be erected on public property or on public facilities. You must have permission to erect such signs from the owners of the property upon which such signs are to be placed, and no sign or other form of advertisement shall be exhibited for more than three days prior to the date such garage sale is to commence.
- Signs advertising or giving directions to a garage sale must be removed within 24 hours after the end of the sale.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field