Application & Processing
The Clerk of Superior Court is the passport agent for Morgan County for normal processing of a passport. Customers will receive their passport within six weeks from the date the application is received by the passport agency. This office does not guarantee delivery of your passport; for current processing status, please check the U.S. Department of State Travel website.
Those wishing to receive passports sooner may request to expedite service, at an additional cost, to receive their passport within two weeks from the date of receipt of the passport application at the passport agency. In order to get additional assurance of a quick response (within two weeks) from the date of the receipt of the application, we suggest you use express mail, for an additional cost. The additional fees are listed below.
- You must arrive by 4:00 PM to have a passport processed.
- If international departure is less than two weeks, or if a passport is needed for foreign visas, application at a Regional Passport Agency may be advisable. Appointments are required. Visit travel.state.gov for more information.
- This office is not responsible for your passport application once it is mailed from this office. Furthermore, the passport agency will not accept calls from any passport agent on your behalf.
Payments as Follows:
- Agent Fee - $35 per passport application
Forms of Payment: Cash, Credit Card or Money Order made to the order of "Morgan County Clerk of Superior Court"
- Agency Fee - Depends on what you are applying for IE: Card, Book *Call for pricing
Forms of Payment: Money Order or Check made to the order of "U.S. Department of State"
- $145 - 16 years-of-age or older
- $115 - Under 16 years-of-age
- $65 - 16 years-of-age or older
- $50 - Under 16 years-of-age
Passport Book & Passport Card
- $175 - 16 years-of-age or older
- $130 - Under 16 years-of-age
All passport applications must be completed by the customer and executed in person before the Clerk or Deputy Clerk of Superior Court.
First Time Applicants for Passport Book / Passport Card (Form DS-11)
The applicant must provide proof of US Citizenship such as a certified birth certificate, proof of identity such as a valid permanent driver’s license, and two recent color two-by-two inch passport photos. Photos are available at the clerk's office for $10.
- If the applicant is 18 or older he/she must sign the application and use his or her own ID.
- If the applicant is between 16 and 17 years of age, the applicant must sign the application and submit evidence of at least one parent’s consent or awareness.
- If the applicant lacks his or her own ID the parent’s ID must be used.
- If the applicant is under 16 years of age, the applicant must submit proof of relationship to the parents (typically by submitting a birth certificate that lists both parents or an adoption decree), even if the child has had a previous passport. Both parents’ signature is required on the application, or one signature and a completed DS-3053 (a custody order or a death certificate may be required).
- Regardless of age, all applicants must be present when applying for a passport.
Renewal Passport Applicants By Mail (Form DS-82)
An applicant may qualify to use this form only if:
- The issue date of the last passport was less than 15 years ago.
- Applicant was 16 or older when it was issued.
- Applicant's name is the same, or your name-change documentation (marriage certificate, court order) may be submitted.
- This passport can be submitted and it is undamaged.
If all of the above apply, applicant may download the form and submit by mail.